In Conversation: A Collected Gentleman

Guest Feature: Isaiah Johnson

Happy new month! Beginning a new series "In conversation... " is the creative force behind ACG, Isaiah. With a classic sense of style, the ability to combine and incorporate prints and colors, Isaiah has carved a place for himself in the bloggersphere. He's a big bargain shopper and always looks dapper. His blog (links below) is littered with amazing fashion advise, his personal style, photography and inspirational/ motivational quotes. Join me in conversation with Isaiah.

1.       Introduce yourself
Isaiah Johnson is a freelance photographer and menswear/lifestyle blogger, born in New Jersey and raised in North Carolina. He has a strong passion for fashion and photography as well as graphic design. His blog, A Collected Gentleman showcases his journey towards personal style, while at the same time helping readers with theirs



2.       Why did you start blogging? 
I wanted to change my image as well as grow as an artist, so one day I researched male style bloggers and I stumbled upon Street Etiquette, The Style Blogger and Men’s Style Pro and the rest was history.  Those guys changed the way I look at style and it’s funny because clothes change the way you look at the world around you. So, I wanted to create something that inspired people the way they inspired me and  that’s when A Collected Gentleman was born .

3.       Why the name a collected gentleman?
One day I was in my dorm watching a show call America’s Best Dance Crew and one of the groups was called Eclectic Gentleman. I took that name and flipped it to A Collected Gentleman, which the blog showcases a collection of my many talents. 

4.       What are some of your current fashion obsessions?
Currently,  I’m going through a sneaker phase haha. I’m not the biggest sneaker fan but there are a lot of sneakers that have been catching my eye.  Also, I love wearing blazers especially during the summertime, it’s challenging wearing them during hot temperatures.  

5.       What are 5 fashion items (clothes, shoes, accessories, etc.) that describe your personal style?
Blazers, Jeans, Button-Down Shirts, Sweatshirt, and a pair of nice Oxfords


6.       Is there any trend you're sick of right now?
Nope, none at all. 

7.       What is one thing your readers would be surprised to hear?
I had to get surgery on my left eye because my retina detached the last week of my junior year of high school. 


8.       Do you have any favorite stores or brands?
I truly love Thrift and Consignment stores. I love the thrill of not knowing what I find when I walk in, that’s something you can’t get at your local brand store because you know what they are selling. But outside of thrifting, I like brands including J.Crew, Gap and Nike. 

9.       You come to mind when I hear the word “Thrifting” what was you first experience like?
My first experience thrifting was pretty amazing. I remember finding a thrift store around the corner from my college and I was amazed at the fact that people give away such treasures. That day I walked out with two blazers that I still own to this day for only 10 dollars. 

10.    How do you feel about the presence of Black fashion bloggers and Black style bloggers ?
I think Black bloggers are making their presence known and we are here to stay. But to me it’s not about black or white, it’s about inspiring others to be confident in themselves. The beauty of style is that when you develop it, you become unstoppable. I  think there can never be enough black bloggers.  We all see the world differently and people will admire and relate to those who share similar stories. 

11.    Funfact about you?
I recently became a vegetarian. 


 Thank you
Links to Isaiah's blogs 

Laurene

No comments:

Post a Comment