Liebster Award!!!!


A few days ago I was contacted by Monica of Chic black Chick (visit her blog) about a nomination. It was the Liebster Blog award. My obvious thought run from, 'wth is that' to 'I'm I one of the cool bloggers now' to 'how legit is this' and so on. I did a little  research and like me other recipients were also curious. Turns out Soppey from Sopphey says did an excellent review and history of this award (find here). 
Here is a small blurb of what the award is:
 -The Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger recognition that supposedly started in the German blogging community several years ago.  In German, "liebster" means "dearest" or "beloved".  The purpose of the award is to recognize small blogs and encourage those bloggers to continue their work.  Currently, the main criteria is that the blog must have less than 200 followers, and in order to nominate a blog, you must have been nominated yourself.  If you have been nominated, all you have to do is accept the award, answer the survey questions from your nominator, and then pay it forward by nominating other small bloggers.  It is a fantastic way to introduce people to other upcoming blogs!  Plus, it helps to build a sense of camaraderie between bloggers!- Some where online

So this is what I gathered from my lazy research of what a Liebster is not and is,
1. There is no prize win (monetory or otherwise)
2. You don't get free stuff
3. No it does not mean you're one of the 'cool blogger kids'. Yet.
4 .But it means is you're doing well and your blog is being recognized for what you're doing so keep on and do better. 
It seems the rules have changed since its inception but here are the basic rules:

  1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the 11 questions the nominator has come up with for you.
  3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
  4. Choose 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link to them in your post.
  5. Go tell them about your nomination!
  6. No back Tags
  7. Acknowledge your nominator


Okay so for the random facts about myself see my ABOUT page. I still owe one: My toe nails color never match my finger nails, go figure!

Here are the questions I was asked:

1. Favorite blog post on your blog?
My favorite blog post is always the last one so it will be How to wear: Ankara sHOrTs at the moment. Ask me next week and it will be different. I always try to the best of my ability to make my current post better then the previous.

2. If you could have a lifetime free supply of clothing from any store, which one would you pick?
Ohhh, this is a good one. So many of my favorite sinful places coming to mind. I can choose between Marshalls and Nordstrom. I like these stores because they carry so many brands so you can find almost everything (latest trends, designer, no name brands, unique item etc). Nordstrom is a little pricier but I think they both serve my closet well.

3. Favorite trend of the moment? 
Definitely monochrome

4. What are your fall wardrobe essentials?
Ankle boots, leather jacket, scarf and tights done! 

5. Five best songs in the universe?
My list changes a lot but I like JT's new album a lot especially Dress on and Tunnel Vision
2.Can't take my eyes off you: Lauryn Hill 
3. Emily Sande has been on my replay list lately
4. Kwabena Kwabena, he's a Ghanaian artist and I like almost everything he does
5. Lauryn Hill and Bob Marley: Turn the lights down low

6. What's a weird fact about yourself?
I hate feet, like really. 

7. Who's a character on TV with style you admire?
Olivia Pope. She's so sophisticated! Can I raid her closet???

8. What's the worst fashion mistake you've committed? Everyone has one that's particularly bad admit it :) embrace it. No one's going to judge. 
I think that would be whenever I try too hard to be who I'm not. Growing up I used to do that a lot, trying to copy people and "be" like them. But I like to think I've grown into myself and I'm more conscious of what I put my body in now. I think it was part of growing up and finding myself. In style at least, cos I'm still growing. 

9. You cringe at the mere memory of it as? There is :) Don't be shy no one's going to judge. 
snakes???? urrrgggggg

10. If you could be reincarnated as any object what would it be?
Hahahaa, after a lot of thought I think I'd be a book. Reading is one of my favorite activities and it would be nice to take people away in my world for a bit. (I know I sound so philosophical.)

11. What do you see yourself doing a year from now (either with your blog, fashion in general, or with life)? 
In a year a hope my blog becomes an extension of myself that what I want it to be.

I nominate Asiyami of Asiyami.Gold, Karla of KQNS Style, Claudia of Clueless Fashionista, Kate of Stilettoed to Steeltoed, Carol of Carolosiphy, Roxana of Shopaholiclikeme. I'm very new in this community and don't know that much people but I'd definitely tag others. 

And here are you question guys:
1. Why Blogging?
2. What you favorite number?
3. iphone or Android?
4. What is your best lesson learned thus far?
5. If you could change one event that has had an impact on your life, knowing what you know now would you or would you leave things as is?
6. On a scale of 1 to 10 how weird do you think you are? (I think I'm pretty up there)
7. What is the best thing you gain from blogging
8. You could have any super power, It would be?
9. Word association: I say One you say?
10. I say love you say?
11. What was your favorite question from the questionnaire?

Have fun guys, I know I did.

Laurene

No comments:

Post a Comment